Thursday, August 28, 2008

Lite Dinner Last Night










Simple Salad and a Baguette with a Balsamic Vinegar Dressing

Salad Ingredients

Romaine Lettuce
1/2 a tomato, diced
1/2 an orange pepper, diced
1 carrot diced or chopped, however you like it
2 slices of peppered turkey lunch meat (found it at the deli counter)

Just chop and mix all of these ingredients together in a bowl.

Balsamic Dressing.. Good for dipping bread in and the Simple Salad

1 clove of garlic, minced
3-4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
5 dashes of tabasco (or to taste)
1-2 tsp honey
(you could add olive oil but I don't like to because i love vinegar)

Combine all these ingredients in a small bowl. Use half for salad and the other half for the bread.


Yesterday I wasn't too hungry for dinner because around 2pm I went to Muchas Gracias for chips and salsa. I was on a long conference call at work and needed a break. I had already ate lunch, but was still a ltitle hungry. So I went over to Muchas Gracias, ordered chips and salsa, put hot sauce on it and took a 30 minute break from work.
Tonight I'm going to some friends house for dinner. I will blog about what they cook us tomorrow. I'm cheeting because I'm not going to make a dessert, I'm going to buy it. I will probably try to pretend I made it but will tell them shortly after they eat it that I bought it.

PS Ravi- Will post picture tonight... lay off.

1 comment:

Dr.Weirdo, PhD* said...

Cool...that sounds like a good recipe for salad..nice job...