Sunday, January 11, 2009

Wake Up Healthy Quiche










Crust
For the crust I used this recipe... http://www.transfatfree.com/pages/recipes/low%20fat%20pie%20crust.htm

It is a low fat crust, though you could use regular pie crust. I put in 1/4 cup of ground flax seed and didn't put in the almonds because I didn't have any. If I were to make it again, I would only put 1 Tablespoon of brown sugar instead of two because the sweet taste is a little weird with eggs.

Egg Mixture
3 eggs
1/2 cup of diced canned tomatoes (or fresh, either way)
1/4 cup of milk
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp dried basil

Mix together in a bowl and then pour into crust.

A small amount of grated Mozzarella on top.

To bake

425 degrees F

25 minutes or until the eggs are all the way cooked.

Let it cool a little and then enjoy :)

No comments: